supplier in the sectors of piping, power and automation, with a notable inclusion of high-voltage expertise. 

This partnership significantly fortifies Eqva's role as a prominent supplier to industrial customers in Norway. Following this merger, the Eqva Group will be composed of a formidable team of over 730 highly skilled professionals, and further strengthen its position in the industry. As of Q3 2023, Eqva reported an expected turnover for 2023 of between NOK 600-700 million on a pro-forma basis, and an order book of NOK 504 million.

The targeted LOS companies expect a full year turnover of approximately NOK 700 million in 2023. Eqva will provide guidance for 2024 in the Q4 2023 report. Under the current plan, Eqva will acquire shares from the owners of LOS Group in exchange for shares in a newly established subsidiary of Eqva, along with a cash component.

The subsidiary will simultaneously acquire the shares in BKS. Eqva’s ownership in the new subsidiary is expected to be 61 percent after the transaction. The current owners of LOS Group will own the remaining 39 percent. The combined entity will have an EV of approximately NOK 620 million. Further details regarding the settlement will be disclosed upon finalization of the business combination agreement. The new subsidiary of Eqva will be listed on the Oslo stock exchange in the next 12-18 months.

“With this move, Eqva continues to deliver on its strategy for growth and broadening of its service offering. This combination enhances Eqva’s access to attractive markets in Norway such as the smelting industry, maritime and landbased industry. We look forward to work with our new colleagues and will strive to further enhance our power and automation service offering for our valued customers,” said Erik Høyvik, CEO of Eqva. “In addition to opening new market segments for Eqva, we will be able to leverage synergies between the companies involved.

The LOS Group has approximately 370 skilled professionals in total. In BKS, we already have 80 employees working in the power and automation segment. Together we will have a pool of approximately 450 skilled and experienced employees in this segment,” Mr. Høyvik added. Following the transaction, LOS will continue to operate under their current brand to ensure a seamless continuation of operations.

“We are excited to become part of Eqva. We have a history of collaboration with BKS, and we operate in the same region and markets. This merger gives us an opportunity to increase our market share and strengthen the competence and quality of our services to both existing and new customers. We also see potential to undertake larger multidisciplinary projects in the future,” said Jakob Særsten, CEO of LOS Group. 

Front page photo: CEO in Eqva, Erik Høyvik. Photo: Cecilie Skaane.